HOW IT WORKS
Inspired by the magnetic levitation train, Maglev Glide™ works just like the magnetic trains that can travel up to 375 mph or in theory take you from Los Angeles to New York City in just 7 hours.
The Maglev Glide™ uses super magnets that repel each other, which in turn makes the any sliding door float and operate with no moving parts. Eliminating the need for roller or hinges, susceptible to wear/tear & damage.
With safety for all being our biggest concern, Maglev Glide™ uses glass suspension clamps which wrap completely around the main track making it safer than all traditional showers.
Just like the Maglev train we've added high grade stainless steel vertical wheels which do NOT support any weight and have minimal contact while providing maximum stabilization.
For added safety we've added anti slam mechanisms to prevent the door from damage.
For 50 years people have been trying to stabilize magnetic force for non-symmetric objects without a solution… Until now! MagLev Glide stabilizes without electricity for a superior glide you can feel.
There is no formula to find the lifetime of super magnets, but magnetic properties of electrons last forever! Experts estimate that neodymium magnet only loses about 3-5% of its magnetism every 100 years.
- Traditional shower doors DRAG along metal tracks causing rust due to the close proximity of moisture and metal rails rubbing against each other.
- Maglev Glide™ floats above the rail with NO grinding, rubbing, or flaking of the anodized finish to prevent rust!
- Maglev Glide™ uses ONLY two type of metals: High grade stainless steel type 304 which never rust & Aluminum alloy type 6063-T5 popular for visible architectural applications such as window frames, door frames, and roofs.
- On top of that our aluminum is ANODIZED (an electrochemical process that converts the metal surface into a decorative, durable, corrosion-resistant) with Brushed Nickel or Chrome finishing.
- Magnetic Nickel Plating is a technique of electroplating a thin layer of nickel onto a metal object. The nickel layer can be decorative, provide corrosion resistance, wear resistance, or used to build up worn or undersized parts for salvage purposes.
- Maglev Glide™ is a frameless shower door that has NO metal frames eliminating mold, mildew, and hard water collected preventing water damage.
Frameless shower door costs are initially greater but work out to be less expensive than framed shower doors, in the long run. They are more durable than framed shower doors and can easily be cleaned to like-new condition.
On top of being frameless our design is based on Magnetic levitation trains. Maglev Glide uses many high quality Neodymium super magnets which are very expensive to maintain no contact guideway (header rail) supporting the weight 100%.
Our glass suspension system has NO supporting rollers preventing wear and tear.
Without wear and tear the Maglev Glide virtually last forever retaining the fresh look for decades to come.